Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Favorite Gear for Mom and Baby {Week 1}

Here is a list of things that I found helpful during our first week at home with Sydney.

1. Newborn t-shirts- I like to use these at first because they allow for easy access for diaper changes and cord care. Once the cord falls off I switch to all the cute outfits. I don't worry about baby getting too cold either because I keep my babies wrapped in blankets pretty much 24/7 the first couple of weeks. The long sleeve ones are actually my favorite because you can fold the little sleeves over to keep baby from scratching up his or her face.

2. Mother's milk tea- I like to drink this to encourage my milk to come in.

3. Receiving blankets- These blankets are great to use in the beginning. I also throw one down on top of the changing pad so that I don't have to wash the changing pad as frequently.

4. Rock n Play- Still have a lot of love for this piece of baby paraphernalia. Mine is actually the older version without the auto rock.

5. Bottle brush- It's the only kind I will buy.

6. Breast pads- I leak a lot during the first few weeks of breastfeeding. After a few weeks, it seems that my body adjusts.

7. Water bottle- It's very important to drink lots of water especially if breastfeeding. I quickly learned to drink mine from a water bottle since I have a toddler running around. Owens acting out after we brought Sydney home included dumping out any beverage left within his reach all over the floor. 


No comments:

Post a Comment