Friday, April 17, 2015

Favorite Gear for Mom and Baby {Hospital stay}

Here's a list of things with links that I found really helpful to use during my hospital stay following Sydney's birth.


Okay, the breast pump was technically the hospital grade one. I did not bring mine to the hospital because there was no need.

Also, a lot of lactation consultants will recommend no pacifier. I brought one just in case and I'm glad I did. Long story short, I had to pump once while in the hospital and I gave Sydney the pacifier during that time so that she wouldn't squawk her head off. I then gave Sydney my pumped colostrum with a spoon. I'm not a big believer in nipple confusion but I do think pacifiers should be used sparingly so that the newborn is at the breast stimulating milk production.

1 comment:

  1. Great tips! I will be packing our hospital bags probably later this week, so I'm glad I saw your recommendations. I, too, am planning on bringing our own pacifier (since they are hidden like buried treasure in UAB's postpartum unit). I am 100% pro breastfeeding, but also agree that sometimes, the baby just needs to fulfill that need to suck. Will definitely make sure to pack these other goodies into our bags :) Hope all is well at home with your newest addition!

    ReplyDelete