Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Nursery update {Baby #2}

Our old office and guest room has received a lot of attention in the last few weeks. I slowly started cleaning out the room after the basement bedroom received paint and carpet in November. Then Patrick removed the carpet from the room in the weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

The new floors went in the Monday before Christmas. I spent the weekend prior trying to get the room painted so that I didn't have to worry about getting paint on the new hardwoods. Plus, having the carpet removed meant that I didn't have to worry about drop cloths.


We were able to pick up the extra crib from my parents house when we went to visit them the weekend following Christmas. We also snagged a really pretty piece of furniture that I'm now using in the dining room to replace the white chest. My mom had mentioned that she didn't want/need it a while back and I was happy to take if off her hands for her. Thanks mom! The white chest will become the new dresser/changing table for this little one.

I didn't waste much time getting going on the crib swap once we got home. I guess I was ready to get a few things done since I still had some time off from work. Plus, the room felt like a blank canvas with the fresh paint and floors.

So here we are today.

same angle as the pictures above
Owens old crib getting prepped
The view as you walk in the door
I think I'm happy with the layout. I've also done some rearranging in Owen's room but I'll post that later. He's taking the changes really well. He didn't mind his crib changing colors in the slightest. However, the first night that we had moved the rocking chair did seem to confuse him a little. We had made the habit of sitting in the chair after brushing his teeth so that we could say prayers before bed. He walked into his room, began turning in circles, and with his little palms facing up he said, "rock chair? rock chair?" I just about cried. Patrick just scooped him up and said, "It's okay, I'll hold you while we pray."

I am thankful that we are slowly making transitions in the house now. I know that Owen is going to have enough to adjust to once his sibling arrives. Also, he hasn't asked for the chair since that night.

There are still a few things on my list to finish up, but I think I'm on track! I'm hoping that I'm able to post a picture of the completed nursery before this baby makes it's arrival. I'm also thinking I'll write a post later on what else I'm doing to prepare (i.e. purchasing, cleaning, etc).

No comments:

Post a Comment