Thursday, January 15, 2015

Energy Bites {3 ingredients}

I've seen these "clean" bites in their various forms around the internet and decided to give them a try this past week.

I used a recipe that I found here. However, I halved the recipe because I didn't want to make a ton if they tasted horrible.

I'm happy to report that they were edible and filling. Bonus: They are completely clean.


How did I make mine?

- 1 cup of uncooked regular oats (old fashioned)
- 1 mashed up banana
- 1/4 cup of pureed pumpkin (I used canned)

After that you can cook them or add your own flare.

My flare:
- 1 teaspoon ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- dried cranberries and sliced almonds (I eyeballed it)

Into the oven on 375 degrees for 25 minutes.

My recommendations/plan:
I do think I'll try this again. I'd like to try it with unsweetened applesauce like the other recipe suggests. I'll also flatten out the balls a little bit before cooking next time. They don't spread on the cookie sheet. If mine had been flatter then the centers wouldn't have been so chewy. However, you may like that sort of thing. Also, spray the pan so they don't stick. Finally, don't be afraid of seasoning. I probably went a little light on mine.





No comments:

Post a Comment