Tuesday, January 13, 2015

28 weeks

January 3, 2015 (Week of New Years)

28 weeks and 4 days
Photo thoughts:
I never seem to look as big as I feel when I look at pictures of myself. I guess that's a good thing, right? I do believe I'm bigger this time. The growth spurt that baby had a week and half ago seemed to push baby up a lot higher. I can feel kicks and sometimes little tiny feet way up by my ribs.

Pregnancy symptoms:
Heartburn has returned after a two week break. It's not bad. I'm managing okay with zantac. My hunger seems to be leveling off again too. I'm not waking up in the middle of the night starving. In fact, I've occasionally been sleeping through the night which is nice. I'm heading into the third trimester so I know that it won't last. I'll soon be waking up one-two times a night to answer natures call.

Boy or girl:
Boy...

Food cravings:
I'm craving a detox after the past few weeks! Ha. I want so desperately at times to wake up and go for a long run or hit it hard with a P90X workout. Then I stand up out of bed a remember this baby belly. I can't wait to have my body back and eat my normal healthy foods. I know better than to restrict myself right now especially when my appetite/cravings are so hard to determine.

Best moment of the week:
I got a lot done this week on the nursery! I've really started to surprise myself since I was nowhere near this ready with Owen at this point.


For comparison, I think it was this week during my pregnancy with Owen that my mom showed up and toted me around town to order a crib, a glider, and pick out bedding. I was just not getting it back then. This time, I know that this kiddo is coming and I'm also very aware that the newborn days with this baby will look a lot different with a two year old running around. I'm not going to have the same amount of time on my hands to finish up loose ends like I did with Owen. Also, it's easier this time because I know what I want/need. I was clueless with Owen and decided I'd just figure it out once he arrived.

Looking forward to:
Working day shift again. My new "schedule" starts this month. I place that in quotes since I'm actually flexi so I don't really have a schedule. My plan is to work Saturdays (they are pre-scheduling me for those shifts) and then sign up for other shifts when I can. I have to get 12 shifts in before this baby arrives and I don't think that should be a problem. I'm actually hoping I get more than that!

No comments:

Post a Comment