Tuesday, November 18, 2014

2 years

Dear Owen,

Your Daddy and I burst into your room this morning singing "Happy birthday" and then we showered you with balloons while you sat in your crib. You weren't sure what to think at first. I think we actually might have scared you. You are much more accustomed to gentle morning snuggles in our bed while we read you a couple of books. This morning was different. After a couple of startled seconds out of you, you began to dive into the balloons in your crib. You loved them.

I made you pancakes this morning. You simply call them, "cakes". You devoured three and a half plus an entire banana before you requested to be let down from your high chair.


After a morning shower we headed out to run errands. You wore your "birthday boy" pin that your Daddy and I bought for you last night at Target. Everywhere we went you proudly exclaimed that you were, "Two!" Well, except for the one lady that you told you were three.


You amaze me. Watching you grow has been a joy. Sometimes I still can't believe that I'm your mommy. Two years feels fast and yet the day that I welcomed you into my arms seems like light years ago. I'm not sure who cried harder, me or you. I do know that I'll never forget that moment as long as I live. That moment was magical.

You are napping now but I wanted to take a moment to write down these thoughts as well as these snippets of your second birthday. When you wake up we'll wait for Daddy to get home and shower. Then we will eat dinner and give you a birthday present that your Daddy and I worked hard on. We can't wait to see how you react.

I realize that you won't remember this day, but it doesn't matter. I just want you to feel that you are loved. Always. Forever. Happy birthday sweet boy!

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment