Thursday, October 9, 2014

Christ in me

"Christ in me is better than Christ with me."

I came across this in my journal the other day and thought I'd share. 

Have any of you ever lost a loved one? It's sad. I've found that sometimes (like when the person has lived a long life and knows Christ) it is bitter sweet, but there are still tears. We still mourn. At our core, we know that death isn't the way it was meant to be. 

Do you ever sit in awe of the fact that Christ not only suffered, but died for us? If you read about it in the Bible, you will see that everyone was sad. They didn't know how to go on with life. They thought it was over. 

It wasn't over. Christ knew that he had to leave us in order to redeem us and give us something much greater. Because the sinless Savior died and was resurrected, we were left with something absolutely incredible. If you know Christ, you have it. It lives within you. I'm talking about the Holy Spirit. I'm talking about an incredible power- part of the Trinity. How amazing to be a part of that. It makes me so thankful that Christ followed through with God's plan for redemption. Christ knew that he needed to leave us in order to live in us.



No comments:

Post a Comment