Thursday, October 30, 2014

18 Weeks

October 25, 2014

This week included a great dgroup Wednesday, another visit to check on baby Thursday, and no work for the weekend! I wish I could say that I'm completely over my cold, but I'm just not quite there yet. Patrick has been joking that I need a lung transplant. I was able to make it to my retreat and I was so thankful for the downtime and the sleep!

Photo thoughts:
No photo...oops.

Pregnancy symptoms:
I had to take some zantac again this week for heartburn. Guess this little one is growing more hair:) I also noticed a disheartening symptom... varicose veins. I had some develop with Owen but it was much later in pregnancy and I'm pretty sure was due to the procardia I was taking. However, this time, it has caused some actual leg pain from time to time. I guess all I can really hope for is that they shrink once I deliver. Or I could just get them zapped later. Pretty sure that isn't cheap though.

Boy or girl:
I've been thinking lately about how easy it would be to just have another boy and be done. Patrick informed me that he thinks we may be finished after this one depending on what it is. I immediately assumed he meant that if it's a girl, then we are done. I was wrong! Apparently, he doesn't want to stop until Owen has a brother. His plan could backfire and I pointed out that maybe we should just trust God on this one;)

Food aversions/cravings:
I made more pumpkin bread again this week. Someone stop me!

Best moment of the week:
There were a lot of good moments this week. First, my dgroup was awesome. The girls were just really engaged. My Dr. appointment went great. My labs look good, the fetal heartrate was 145, and they scheduled me for my anatomy scan November 6th (around 20weeks). The weekend was really great. I love my "battle" women. I feel like we all understand each other and love each other well. All of these things would have been enough to make for a great week and then I got an e-mail from my boss. I'm coming off night shift!!!! The change won't be official until January 2nd, but my boss is going to go ahead and pull me off of 6 shifts between now and Christmas to help me out. To say a burden has been lifted is an understatement.

Looking forward to:
Getting healthy and off night shift!

No comments:

Post a Comment