Wednesday, October 29, 2014

17 weeks

October 18, 2014

I didn't avoid illness this week. By the time Wednesday hit, I was feeling it. Sore throat, cough, congestion... By Thursday morning, it was in full swing. I survived the weekend by staying on lots of drugs. Thankfully, I'm far enough along that I can take pretty much anything and I don't have to worry about baby.

Even though I didn't feel good this week, I busted out my real camera to snap some pictures of Owen. I can't believe how big he's getting. I handed the camera over to Patrick and he took some pictures of Owen and I walking around. When I went back to look at them I said, "Wow, I look pregnant!" Patrick laughed and said, "Well, you are ya know." Obviously, I didn't forget, but I didn't realize how big my belly is actually getting.

Walking back from getting the mail.
Photo thoughts:
I am getting a belly but once again, it's camouflaged by boob growth. Haha... Apparently, this is just how I do pregnancy. Boobs first, belly later. I will say that my stomach has started to grow more noticeably this week. I feel like I "popped" a little faster this time, but then stayed the same until about week 14 or 15. Then this week I've noticed more growth.

Pregnancy symptoms:
I think any symptoms I could be experiencing have been masked my general crummy cold symptoms. I just don't feel good at all right now. I'm tired of being sick.

Boy or girl?
Still feeling the girl vibes but I think it's because that's what everybody wants us to have. There are some people that always refer to the baby as "she". 

Food aversions/cravings:
Pork is still off the menu. I just can't do it.

Size of baby:
This baby is apparently the size of the palm of my hand. Pretty crazy!
 

Best moment of the week:
I had breakfast with my dgroup girls before school on Thursday. It was completely their idea. I was extremely tired since I slept about 3.5 hours the night before, but I'm so thrilled to see my current group of freshman girls so excited about being together. They are a joy to be around.

Looking forward to:
I don't work next weekend since I'll be going on a retreat. I'm praying that I start feeling better and that the break from being up all night on the weekend will help my body recover and fight this cold. I know that my funky sleep schedule has contributed to me getting sick more frequently than usual. I've really managed to come down with a lot more junk this year than is usual for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment