Thursday, October 2, 2014

10 Weeks

Forgive the long line of pregnancy posts. I'm trying to catch up to real time! 

August 30, 2014

I had my first OB appointment at the beginning of this week. Everything is looking great! I also got sick this week too though. It was a nasty little stomach bug that's taken me a few days to bounce back from. I'm feeling really drained because of it.


Photo thoughts: I think I need to get Patrick to back up and get a better side angle. These just aren't turning out that great. However, yay for makeup! I really don't have any other thoughts on this.

Pregnancy symptoms: I'm tired. That's really about it. Also, I feel really chubby some days. It's just that my stomach muscles stick out all the time now. It's weird. I don't really feel like my boobs are growing like they did with Owen, but I've noticed weird sensations every now and then. It's like I'm experiencing a let down. It freaked me out the first time it happened because I thought milk was going to start pouring out. Thankfully, it didn't.

Food aversions/cravings: I'm still having a hard time with meat. I've forced it down a few times but I can feel queasy just thinking about it sometimes. I'm ready to start eating my normal healthy diet again. I've definitely given in to my cravings a lot more this time. I'm sure the weight gain is going to be a different story this time around. I'm okay with it though.

Boy or Girl: I'm thinking it might be a girl. However, I still have a hard time picturing it. I can picture having two little boys. I think Owen would have fun with a little brother.

Size of baby:

Ultrasound at 9 weeks, 2 days
Best moment from the week: My first OB visit. The doctor was great. She sent me to ultrasound first to get a due date which is March 28th. It just so happens to by the day after Patrick's birthday. We timed that quite nicely I'd say. After ultrasound the nurse took a history from me. Then the doctor came in and took some time to get to know us. She also got more information about my past pregnancies. She then did a quick exam. I'll be honest, it felt so weird to be in a new doctors office. I felt like I was cheating. I don't feel great about my decision. I miss my other doctor, but I know that when it comes time to deliver, I'll be in good hands. I don't know... I have mixed emotions about it all. At this point, I've made this decision and I'm going to ride it out.

Looking forward to: Patrick and I have plans to get to work on the house this coming weekend since he's got some time off for labor day. I'm ready to get things moving a little earlier this time around. I procrastinated badly when I was pregnant with Owen and I don't want to do that again.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment