Tuesday, September 30, 2014

What I plan to do different {baby #2}

Now that the big announcement is out of the way, I thought I'd share some things that I plan on doing differently this time around. Obviously, I know a little more now than I did back then during my first pregnancy. I'm just going to go ahead a say that it's nice not being a first timer. Everything seems more laid back.

1. I'm going to take time to enjoy laying on my stomach. I even slept on my stomach after finding out that I was pregnant just because I could.

2. I plan to finish the nursery before the baby arrives. I was not your typical first time mom. I was very much in denial and very much holding back. I don't plan on having as much denial this time around. Baby is coming whether I'm ready or not. I'd rather have it ready this time.

3. It'll be a surprise. That's right folks. We're not going to find out the gender of this little bean. There are few real surprises left in this life and this is one of them. I can't wait for the moment at delivery. Being a L&D nurse has given me the chance to be in on a lot of different types of deliveries. It's fun to be in on the surprise ones.

4. I'm less worried. Believe it or not I actually feel like I'm less worried this time around. Maybe it's because I have actual experience with the 'm' word? Maybe I'm just older and wiser. Ha. I don't know, I just feel more hopeful, less stressed, and more excited. I also know that I'll be less concerned with whether or not this baby is eating enough, sleeping enough, peeing or pooping enough in the early days. I'm looking forward to it.

5. Document my growing belly better. I know they say that the second child gets way less documentation but I think I did a pretty poor job with Owen. I'd like to do better this time.

6. I'm not planning to deliver where I work this time. This was a big decision for me. Going to a new doctor and new hospital was so weird the first time. I felt like I was cheating or something. The decision wasn't made lightly and I still feel that it was the right decision for me.






No comments:

Post a Comment