Monday, September 8, 2014

Phase 2: project updates

We are moving right along in what I've dubbed to be phase 2 of our home renovations. The carpet is completely removed from the basement bedroom/playroom, the floor has been treated for mold (which we didn't see this time but we treated it anyway), and I finished painting the bookshelves! We have new carpet getting installed on Thursday so I'm hoping to get the room painted before then. I thought I'd show you some before pictures with the carpet removed.


This room is so dark and brown. I can't wait to brighten it up with paint.


Let's all pray Owen takes really long naps this week so I can finish before carpet installation. It's not a deal breaker if I don't finish, but I'd really like to get it done so I don't have to worry about paint drips.


I'm in the process of filling up the shelves. I'll hopefully have some better pictures in a couple of weeks. I'm really pleased with the way the room is looking. Sometimes it's hard to see beyond the mess to realize that progress is taking place, but I've learned to look past the clutter.

No comments:

Post a Comment