This recipe came from Clean Eating so you can also find the recipe here. I've found that it is a quick and delicious week night meal because it cooks so fast. Patrick and I love this meal. Plus, it's healthy and clean! Only 365 calories per serving (recipe serves 4).
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 12 oz top sirloin beef, trirmmed of fat and sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1tsp Chinese five-spice powder
- 1/4 cup low-sodium tamari soy sauce
- 2 tsp tapioca starch
- 1 tbs raw honey
- 1tbs coconut oil, divided
- 2 cups snow peas, trimmed
- 2 cups small fresh shiitake mushrooms, stems removed
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2tsp minced ginger root
- 8 sprigs cilantro
- Prepare rice according to package directions, keep warm and set aside
- In a medium bowl, combine beef with salt and five-spice powder until evenly coated; set aside
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, tapioca starch, honey and 1/4 cup water; set aside
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, heat 1 1/2 tsp oil on medium-high heat. Add beef and cook, stirring frequently, for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Transfer beef to a bowl. Add peas, mushrooms, garlic, and ginger and saute for about 2-3 minutes, until peas are tender-crisp. Add vegetables to bowl with beef.
- Return skillet to heat, add soy sauce mixture and cook, stirring constantly, for about 15 to 30 seconds or until thickened. Return beef and vegetables to skillet, tossing to coat. Remove from heat.
- Divide rice among 4 serving bowls. Spoon beef-vegetable mixture over top, dividing evenly, and pour skillet juices over each dish. Top each with 2 sprigs cilantro and serve immediately.