Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Learning my Nikon D3100

I've had my "fancy" camera (a Nikon D3100) for about 2 years now and I'm just now starting to learn to shoot in manual mode. I took photography back in high school, but  I've been brushing up on the lingo, re-learning a few things, and picking up some new tricks.

It doesn't help that my main subject matter is in constant motion. I try to choose faster shutter speeds, but it's hard to get a non-blurry picture of my little man.


I mean, do you see that forehead? My mom says that it's a picture of my own childhood. It's a running joke that we don't have a single picture of me under the age of three that doesn't include evidence of some kind of recent head trauma.


He fell while walking through the parking lot at church. Patrick said he went down rather easy compared to a lot of falls and that he was shocked to see so much physical damage.

Watching Hurley
squishy baby hands

This is sleepy baby face.
I just love it when he folds that ear over! Sometimes he crinkles it up like an accordion. I always know when this baby is tired.


Gosh, I love this kid. I'm also really loving my camera again. I'm still learning a lot. I'm not hoping to become professional. I'd just like to be able to shoot some quality family pics.

Here are links to sites that I've found helpful.

Photography 101- Cheat sheet and Camera Basics

Tips for better home photography

Evidence to stop shooting with a flash and/or in auto mode

I'm also considering some online classes. However, photography 101 costs $67 on the website I've been considering. Birthday present maybe? We'll see:)






1 comment:

  1. consider it done....happy birthday! 67$....I think I came out pretty good ;) I love you!! Mom

    ReplyDelete