Thursday, July 31, 2014

It's Thursday

There is a reason that I schedule automatic postings every Thursday. There is a reason that the postings are reflective in nature. I'm not sure if I've ever shared before, but Thursday is sacred around here. It's our sabbath. Because Patrick's job requires so much from him on Sunday and because my job leaves me feeling like I'm having an out of body experience every Sunday, we have a different day of the week that we set aside for sabbath rest. We protect this day. We frequently tell each other, "Thursday is coming" instead of "Sunday is coming."

We drink coffee in bed as we read, have breakfast as a family, keep the TV off, hide our cell phones (except to contact friends or family), spend time doing something fun as a family, take an afternoon nap, and eat dinner with friends.

The washer and dryer don't run on Thursday. The floors don't get swept. We aren't perfect in our protection of this day, but we try. This day is set apart from all the rest of the days in the week and it is so, so good. So while these random Thursday morning "mommy musings" may have come out of left field, I hope that you don't mind them. Even if you do... tough. It's Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment