Wednesday, July 30, 2014

BarnHouse1128

I have some confessions. When we were searching for homes this is the house that I didn't even want to look at. I thought it looked like a barn in the pictures. Turns out, it looked like a barn in person too. However, once our realtor got us on the property, we were sold. We could see the potential and envision our future children growing up here.

My other confession is that I've never liked the name for this blog. I threw it together rather quickly because I wanted somewhere to document the transformation of this home and our family. While I'm thankful for having put the blog together when I did, I think I've landed on a much more suitable name.

A few years ago I had a friend that came to our house for the first time and exclaimed, "I love your cute little barn house!" At the time, I wasn't feeling the same love but today I feel differently.

Since April of 2009 we've managed to transform this "barn house" into our home. We've painted (a lot), pulled up carpets, installed hardwood floors, bought furniture, replaced light fixtures, installed a sink, replaced water lines, added electrical, and a new deck. However, it's not these changes alone that have made it our home. The life we've lived here has been the most important aspect of making this our home.

The to-do list for this house still lingers on, but my heart has changed in spite of it. I've grown to embrace this little house because it is ours. It's where we've laughed, fought, cried, added to our family, mourned, and celebrated. It may still resemble a barn but it is our home barn house and we love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment