Monday, May 5, 2014

Herb Garden

Patrick and I love to cook. We especially love using fresh herbs. Buying herbs at the grocery store can get expensive so we've enjoyed growing them. However, my gardening days were temporarily suspended when Owen entered the picture. While I don't feel up to having a large vegetable and herb garden yet, I decided that placing a few of our most frequently used herbs close by would be handy. By close by, I mean right out the back door on the porch. We will have no excuse for not using them.


Patrick found these boxes at Lowes. I was able to attach them without using a drill so this means they can be easily removed. In them we have parsley, rosemary, chives, oregano, basil, and cilantro. In a separate pot, I planted some sweet mint. Mint is so invasive and shoots roots everywhere so I didn't want to plant it with my other herbs.


I'm loving the boxes so much that I'm thinking of buying a couple more. Surely I can make time to water them when they are only five steps from the back door.



No comments:

Post a Comment