Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Spring Break Plans

We booked ourselves a quick spring break trip to Savannah, GA last night. It's going to be our first trip without Owen. I can't believe it's taken us this long. We've both left Owen at different times. He has spent several nights away from us before but it's never been so that both of us could spend time together. It's always been so we could go our separate ways (usually me to work and Patrick on a youth trip).

Cozumel (January 2012)
I feel like we needed this trip back in January for our sixth anniversary and now, after the events from the past couple of weeks, I think we need it even more. I'm hoping that it will be a good time of relaxation, reconnection, and a little adventure thrown in. We plan to eat good food and pamper ourselves a little bit. I'm pretty certain that the last time we went on vacation together was for our anniversary over two years ago. 

Disney World (January 2011)
I've been to Savannah several times. Once when I was in seventh grade for a school trip and then again with my family when I was in high school. I'm slowly gathering information on things to do and places to eat. If anyone reading has any recommendations, please let me know.

I'm guessing this will be a good in between in terms of how active we are compared to our last two trips we've been on. Disney and Universal was go, go, go. Our cruise to Mexico was pretty relaxing. We had one day of exploring but we lounged around on the ship the rest of the time. While in Savannah, I'd love to take some time to tour the city. However, I'm thinking a trip to a spa would be great too. Hoping to strike a nice balance here. We will have three full days to fill with activities.(!) I'm pretty excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment