Monday, January 13, 2014

12 Months


One whole year (yes, I'm a little late since his birthday was in November). I guess it's time for me to finish up the monthly updates. I'm not sure that I will continue to do monthly updates. I'm thinking I'll probably wait and do an 18 month post and then a 2 year old post. We'll see though.

Health and Growth
Owen is doing really well. He is a healthy and happy little boy. He moved up slightly in percentiles for height and weight at his one year check up. He weighed 21 lbs 15oz and was 29.5 inches tall.


Eating
Owen still loves to eat. He is getting a little more picky about vegetables though. He pretty much eats any kind of meat we put in front of him, any kind of fruit, and any kind of cheese or bread. We have said goodbye to pureed foods as well as breastfeeding and bottles. He only drinks whole milk and water from his sippy cup. It's fantastic. I may give more details on the breastfeeding later, but I can tell you that he literally stopped nursing on his birthday. He pushed me away. I tried again the next day only to receive the same response. He decided he was done I guess.


Sleeping
He is still going strong with two naps a day and sleeping well at night. Occasionally there have been disruptions and I'm finding that he can make it on one nap sometimes but it is a stretch. His first nap happens around 9:30 and lasts until 11:30. His second nap starts around 3:00 and varies at this point. Sometimes he will take a one hour afternoon nap and sometimes he will sleep until 5:00. I try to make 5:00 the cutoff so I do wake him if he is beginning to push into the hour. I do this mainly because he won't go down at night if I don't. His bedtime is usually around 7:30 or 8:00 and he's been sleeping until 7 or 7:30 most mornings.


Milestones
We have a walker! Owen started taking several steps at a time the week he turned one. By 13 months, he was full blown walking everywhere. He is doing really well with signing for 'milk', 'more', and 'all done'. I've been working on the sign for 'eat'. He still isn't really saying a whole lot. He just babbles and says ma ma ma ma ma or da da da da da. Can't really count it as mommy and daddy just yet!

Christmas morning looking at our stocking stuff.
And now for some bonus pics from Christmas stuff...


No comments:

Post a Comment