Thursday, September 6, 2012

Pregnancy Journal: 25 weeks

This pregnancy is flying. I can't believe I'll be in the 3rd and final trimester in a couple of weeks. Scary... and really exciting. We returned from the beach Sunday evening, I worked Monday, Tuesday, and Friday. Thursday we had another visit with the doctor. Everything looked good. She did urge me to do a better job timing my contractions. She said she wouldn't torture me with an internal exam just yet, but that preterm contractions are not something to mess around with. I've got strict instructions to call immediately if I have 6 or more in an hour. So far, so good!

Size of baby:
This week seemed like an odd choice to me. We couldn't think of any other type of produce other than a head of cauliflower? I'm also stunned by the weight range for a 25 week baby. Did anyone else catch the one pound difference? I guess this is when every baby really takes off at its own rate of growth.

Size of me:
I'm feeling pregnant. I was up 10 pounds at my visit, which is good. It was funny to me that in 5 weeks I gained what I had gained in the first 20 weeks of my pregnancy. Must have been all that shrimp:) I'm feeling good about it though. I'm right on track and if I keep this pace then I'll have gained the appropriate amount by the due date. I was bad and didn't get a picture this week.

Pregnancy symptoms:
I really hope I haven't sounded like too much of a complainer by reporting this every week because this pregnancy really hasn't been that hard. I would say it has gone really well so far. I just want to keep track of what symptoms I do notice each week. For example, there are some weeks that I don't really have any heartburn but feel really exhausted and emotional. I'm just wanting to track whatever seems to be the most predominate symptom. This week it was probably lower abdominal pressure and the occasional contractions. This little guy just seems to sit really low on me. He is right on top of my bladder. My urinary frequency has never gone away due to the way he sits. When standing and walking, my lower belly feels really tight.

Funny moment from the week:
On my way to work the other morning I got on the elevator with a couple of ladies that were talking to each other. Then one of them looked at me and said, "You got a bun in your oven?" I smiled and said, "Yes ma'am." She then said, "How many months?" I get this question a lot and it always throws me for a second because I am so used to thinking in weeks and forget than many non-healthcare people don't. After thinking for a second I responded, "Six months." "What?! That just makes me sick. I never looked like that at 6 months." I wasn't sure what to say to that... Thank you? I'm sorry?... When the elevator doors opened I went with a smile and a "Have a nice day."

Nesting:
I think we picked out crib bedding and curtains:) and yes, I said we. I wanted Patrick to be a part of this process as much as he wanted and was pleasantly surprised that he had opinions. Of course, as usual, he said that he trusted me with whatever I really wanted, but he was willing to give feedback. I really appreciate that I have a husband that wants to be involved. He's going to be a good daddy and I'm looking forward to watching him with our son.

Looking forward to:
I'm really enjoying getting into the nesting phase now. It's been kind of fun looking at baby stuff and trying to imagine our life with this new addition. It's exciting. To the best of my knowledge, my registry is complete. Now we get to focus on and look forward to coming up with a name for this little guy. We'll also continue the nesting process by doing things like picking out the crib, the dresser, and the glider.



No comments:

Post a Comment