Saturday, July 21, 2012

Pregnancy Journal: 19 Weeks

This week has been a tough one. I'm not going to lie and say that having a husband that's been out of town more than he's been in town this summer isn't wearing on me. I'm not making this up. I counted. Since May 20th, he's been away from home 36 days and home 28 days (ridiculous). That's not even counting the 7 days he was away at the beginning of May for some man beach time. This hormonal (and slightly more emotional) pregnant girl is over it. I'm pretty sure that Patrick is exhausted too though. Words cannot even begin to describe how ready we are for Monday night when he returns home.

Size of baby:
Baby is now the size of a mango at about 6 inches long and 8.5 ounces. It is still kicking around in there and at times I can feel it really strong. Last week I mostly only felt it when I was lying down, but this week I've felt it while sitting too.

Size of me:
I feel like I'm getting big and that baby really started to pop out this week. I guess you can be the judge when you see the pictures. I'm still only up 7 lbs though. I feel like I've gained a bunch more than that.



I'm also a little sick of taking these pictures against a blank wall (with terrible lighting) so maybe we will start changing this up a bit for some variety. Plus, my camera is really blurry and I can't figure out why. We might need to look into purchasing a better one especially with a baby on the way.

Pregnancy symptoms:
My back has felt way better this week. I rested it for a few days, took Tylenol, slept on a heating pad, and stopped my zumba for a bit. It seems to have done the trick. I've still had some occasional heartburn that usually hits me late afternoon before I leave work. My chest continues to grow along with my midsection and I guess I'm going to have to bite the bullet and purchase a couple more bras here pretty soon. I still have one breast that likes to leak and I'm probably going to have to start wearing a pad on that side. It frustrates me, but I guess I should be happy that my body is doing what it's supposed to do. Also, I'll add that I've been more weepy than ever before. Seriously, I think I've cried at least 5-6 times this week. Oh, and thanks mom for putting up with one of those episodes over the phone. Love you! I've found that it really doesn't need to be anything serious to make me cry. For example, I was watching a show on TLC today where a lady was moving out of her house after 35 years. She started crying and before I knew it I was too.

Cravings/aversions:
I can definitely say that I crave salty things rather than sweet things. I've been wanting popcorn really bad lately, but haven't caved and purchased any yet. There aren't any real aversions that stick out in my mind at this point. Apples with peanut butter have become one of my favorite snacks this past week too.

Most exciting thing from this week:
I finally got a little bit of nesting instinct (or maybe it was just boredom with Patrick being gone). I'll have to show those pictures later though. Let's just say that our guest bedroom looks a little empty right now.

Most looking forward to:
Besides Patrick getting home on Monday, I'm looking forward to my anatomy scan on Thursday. We will get the official word on the gender of this little baby. Can't believe we're about to hit the 20 week mark! I mean, halfway... really?


No comments:

Post a Comment