Sunday, July 15, 2012

Pregnancy Journal: 18 Weeks

Size of baby:
The size of a sweet potato according to the bump. Holy cow... that sounds big! This sweet potato is 5.6 inches long and 6.7 ounces. He or she is yawning, hiccuping, and swallowing in there. No wonder I've started sporting a bigger bump this week.

Size of me:
I'm starting to feel more and more pregnant every day. Buttoning certain pants became completely uncomfortable this week so I started trying to use one of those bella bands. I'm not sure that I like it or that they work all that great. Maybe I'm not using it correctly. I can't decide if I should wear it all the way up, doubled over around my unbuttoned pants, or half under and folded over the top of my pants. I feel like I'm most comfortable with it all the way up, but then it gets really hot. My other issue is that it rides up my back so it ends up not holding the back of my pants up. Any other moms out there had a good experience with these things? If so, please tell me how you wore it.

18 weeks and 1 day
and those are maternity shorts

Pregnancy symptoms:
Let's see... heartburn, backaches (possibly pulled a little something at work), leg cramps, a little round ligament pain, mood swings, a growing chest and middle, and a little fatigue.

Aversions/Cravings:
I don't feel like I was very hungry this week which may explain why the number on the scale hasn't really moved from last week. I'm still eating pretty normal stuff except for one unusual item. Cucumber and tomato salad has been one of my favorite side dishes. I never really ate much of either prior to pregnancy, but I'm loving it right now.   

Most exciting thing from the week:
I've officially started feeling this little one kicking, punching, and rolling around in there! I had actually been feeling it for a couple of days without realizing it. I kept thinking it was muscle spasms or twitches. It wasn't until I was at work ultrasounding (yes, yet again) that I put two and two together. I watched the baby kick on the screen and felt it at the same time. It was awesome. Now that I know what it is I notice the movement more. It's also easier for me to feel it when I'm lying down. For the record, that would be 17 weeks and 4 days that I knew for certain I was feeling our baby kick.

Most looking forward to:
I'm ready for next Monday when Patrick is home from his last out of town trip for the summer. He's been gone more than he's been home and it's wearing on me. It really stinks that his last trip has to be the longest. 10 days? Really? I'm over it. I'm also starting to wonder how this is going to work in the future with a little one at home. I guess we'll figure it out as we go!

If you think about it, pray for Patrick and the rest of the Belize team this week. They are helping with some building/repair work for a school as well as leading a VBS all week. I haven't gotten to talk with Patrick yet, I've just received a couple of texts (it's cheaper internationally). They arrived safely, got some good rest, and are hitting the ground full force in the morning.

Sweet boy...
At least I've got my Hurley bear to keep me company. He's missing Patrick too though.

No comments:

Post a Comment