Thursday, July 5, 2012

Maternity Clothes

I have officially made my first baby-related purchases- maternity clothes. My sweet sister-in-law tipped me off that kohls would have a ton of their fall/winter stuff on sale right now. I ran in there thinking that I might pick up one or two things and this is what I walked out with.


I think I paid $5 for that dress. Pretty awesome, huh? I love a good sale- or clearance rack. It felt a little strange picking out these items and walking to the dressing room with them. I'm pretty sure I got a few curious looks from other shoppers. It was also really odd to put on a pair of jeans that have elastic for the waistband. I kept looking for the zipper and button. I had to use my imagination a little and pretend that I have a bigger baby bump. I'm pretty sure I'll wear all of the items I picked up. The best part has to be the money I saved. Yep, the receipt says $210.40 saved!


I know I'll end up spending some more dough on dressing this bump, but this gave me some encouragement that I don't have to spend a ton of money on a new wardrobe. It just seems silly to spend so much on something so temporary. Thankfully, I've already got several shopping bags full of borrowed maternity clothes. Thanks Mary Katherine for your generosity and for the shopping tip!

I'm starting to realize that my abdomen really is growing. It'll be interesting to compare pictures this week because I feel like there is a huge difference. I'm a mixture of emotions about the whole thing. I know I should embrace it, but I feel fat not pregnant. Most of my clothes became uncomfortable this week. I can wear all my shorts, but they just don't feel great because they dig into my stomach. The "girls" are still growing and I find that frustrating as well. I have to keep reminding myself that all of these changes are good and that they are for a very good reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment