Saturday, June 9, 2012

Pregnancy Journal: 7 Weeks

Saturday, April 21st

I'm happy to report that I made it through my Las Vegas trip without spilling the beans to my coworkers. I was a little concerned that something would happen (like morning sickness) and that I'd end up telling, but I was pretty much symptom free. Well, sort of. I'm not sick though. It feels good to be home and to have another week under my belt. I'm still getting used to the whole pregnancy thing. There were actually moments this week when I'm pretty sure I almost forgot about it completely.

Before we get started. Here are a few pictures from the trip.

Light show at the Bellagio after eating dinner.
Playing the penny slots.
Dinner at the Sugar Factory.
Our room at the Flamingo.
View of the strip from our hotel room. We could see the Bellagio Fountain.


Size of Baby:

Today I'm carrying around a little blueberry according to The Bump. Baby is measuring .51 inches and those paddle like arms and legs are starting to develop elbow and knee joints. A startling statistic this week is that baby is generating brain cells at the rate of 100 cells per minute. Also, every website seems to make a big deal about the kidneys that are now in place.

I don't really feel any bigger yet. I just have days when I feel more bloated than usual.
I'm guessing I'll just look down one day and realize there is a real bump not just fat down there. We'll see how it all pans out. I'm realizing that I'm going to be very bad at this watch my midsection grow thing. The pictures are probably going to be random in their arrival. At least we got the first awkward shot out of the way!

Pregnancy Symptoms:
The cramping has almost completely disappeared. I hardly have problems with it unless I need to use the restroom. I guess I'm still more fatigued than usual, but I didn't really have any trouble in Vegas. I actually woke up and attended the morning conference meetings without any trouble. I don't know if I've added this one in yet, but I've had a couple of emotional moments. I'll start crying because it's like my body can't experience a single more emotion. Thankfully, my emotional outbreaks have occurred at home with only Patrick to experience and he is really sweet about it. However, my main symptoms now relate to my chest. The "girls" are getting out of control. Enough said.

Cravings:
Strawberries are still pretty fantastic. I have also noticed that carbs are a must if I am going to make it through the day without passing out. That is new for me because, as I mentioned before, my diet prior to pregnancy was very low carb since I was trying to drop a few lbs.

Biggest Concern:
I think I've done much better this week by not dwelling on what could happen. I am still a little concerned with how I am going to keep up my job performance if I start to feel really crummy here in a few days. I know I'll survive, but it definitely won't be fun.

Boy or Girl:
I actually found one website that you plug in your age and the actual day of your LMP and it tells you what you will have. It is supposed to be a more in depth Chinese birth chart. Anyway, this time it said boy.

Interesting moment from the week:
While going to the OR this week with a patient I got back there and realized that I was completely out of breath. Seriously? It wasn't even STAT. It made me feel completely out of shape. A coworker who was back there with me even asked if I was pregnant and for a moment I freaked out like, "how can she tell?" Then I realized that it's because of my friend who also works with us. Enough people know about her pregnancy that there are rumors starting to circulate and people are now trying to guess who the pregnant person is. Little do they know that there are 2 of us (well, at least that many). I quickly regained my composure and lied yet again. I really hope that people will forgive me here in a few weeks. I'm not ready to tell the world yet, people!

I remember reading somewhere that being out of breath can be a symptom due to the increased blood volume, but I was frustrated by it. Guess it's time for me to start working out again. I've taken a couple of weeks off due to the amount of cramping I had and then with the traveling. I think today marks the end of that.

Diet Adjustments:
I finally read up on what I should and shouldn't eat. I'm really sad that I have to be more careful with feta cheese (my favorite).

Best moment this week:
Flying home to Patrick on Wednesday was the best. Due to the craziness of our schedules, we hadn't really seen each other since the previous Thursday night. Once we got in the car you couldn't wipe the smiles off our faces.

Most looking forward to:
We get to see baby on ultrasound in less than a week. I'm nervous and excited at the same time. There is still a part of me that can't believe there is anything in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment