Friday, June 29, 2012

Pregnancy Journal: 15 Weeks

Friday, June 22

This week has been a good one. I have felt like my energy is starting to return and I'm having less trouble figuring out what to eat. All of my phone applications keep saying that this little one is about to start putting on weight like crazy and I guess an appetite would help with that. It's funny because I really thought that I would have gained a couple more pounds while I was traveling and eating funny foods, but I had my third OB visit yesterday and I'm only up 2 pounds (down a pound from my last visit). We got to hear the heartbeat this time which was fun. It was right at 145 which is where it was when I checked it at work a couple of weeks ago. I also have good ultrasound pictures to share from this week while I was at work.

Size of baby:
I'm carrying around a navel orange according to the bump with a length of 4 inches and an average weight of 2.5 ounces. On ultrasound this baby looked so big compared to the last time I looked. It's whole body hardly fits on the screen now. I also learned this week that I have an anterior placenta so I shouldn't be alarmed if I don't feel this little one move for a while. Don't worry though, it is moving tons!

14 weeks and 3 days
Another one from the day. My placenta is the giant grey-white blob right by the face.

Size of me:
Once again, I have no picture to show off. There was one morning this week that I woke up and was like, "holy cow... there is a bump!" Then I went to the bathroom and emptied my bladder and like magic, the bump was gone. I'm still wearing my regular clothing but I can tell that there is a tightening around my middle. While I am short, I have a long torso, so I think that has something to do with not popping out just yet.

Pregnancy symptoms:
Tums and I are becoming good friends. It goes everywhere with me in my purse or work bag just in case the heartburn strikes. The girls are not hurting anymore, but they are big. My uterus only cramps occasionally like when I have to use the ladies room and I've actually started sleeping through the night and doing so more often than not. My energy level is up and down. I have really good days and days when I have to slow down. I think I am starting to turn the corner though.

Cravings/Aversions:
My normal appetite is returning, but I'm finding that I can't eat as much as I used to. I guess that is why they recommend 6 small meals throughout the day for pregnant women. I can only eat half of what I used to in a sitting and then I'm hungry again in a few hours.

Boy or girl?
I got a pretty good look at the goods this past week, but I'm still not 100% convinced. This little one really likes to keep its legs crossed. Plus, there is umbilical cord that hangs down between the legs. Because we used the good ultrasound, it was easier to distinguish between cord, baby legs, and baby bits. My anatomy scan is scheduled for 20 weeks so we probably won't be announcing until then.

Most nervous about:
I'm nervous about making it through the next 4 days while working and being without a husband. Patrick is leaving for a Jr. High retreat and I will be working the entire time he is gone. I just know that it is going to be exhausting and I hope I'm up for it. I don't really have a choice though do I?

Most looking forward to:
I'm ready for this time next week when I am on my stretch from work and the next few shifts are behind me. We received a delivery in the mail while we were at breakaway and I am anxious to get it settled into the house. Don't worry, I'll post about that later. I'll go ahead and tell you that it's not baby furniture. I'm still not ready for that yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment