Thursday, June 28, 2012

Pregnancy Journal: 14 Weeks

Sunday, June 17

This week we were in Hilton Head, SC all week for Breakaway. I left Sunday morning with a few other wonderful ladies so that we could purchase the food for the week and make sure the condos were set before our students arrived on Monday. Then Monday afternoon, two greyhound buses unloaded our students and the week began. It was a lot of fun, but definitely exhausting too. On Friday my family picked me up and we headed to North Carolina to visit my older brother, his wife, and my new little nephew. He was precious! On Sunday, I flew home to Birmingham and it was back to business as usual.

Size of baby:
The bump says that our little one is now the size of a lemon at 3.4 inches and around 1.5 ounces. He or she may even be sucking his or her tiny little thumb. Isn't that cute? Also, this week is when they say baby starts to grow some peach fuzz (also known as lanugo) all over that tiny little body which would explain why heartburn kicked in this week!

Size of me:
This week I had girls saying that they could see a bump, but I really think it is just wishful thinking. I don't feel any different. There is a slight hardness way down low in my lower abdomen, like pelvic region really. I've gained around 3 pounds I think, but I'm almost positive that half of that is in my boobs. I'm being really bad at the picture taking thing so I'll try to do better. I know that I'm going to be mad at myself later for not documenting this better. Everyone keeps telling me that in two weeks, I'll have a little bump. I just don't see that happening though.

Pregnancy Symptoms:
As I stated, heartburn has begun. I couldn't believe it could start this early. It's not every day or even all day when it happens. I'm trying to figure out what triggers it and I think it may be drinking too much water in one sitting. Also, that drink mix, mio, or however you spell it is out. I've never had heartburn before so I didn't really know what it felt like. I could have kept it that way...

Cravings/Aversions:
Well, the short answer is no. It was hard to eat healthy and/or enough food while traveling, but I think I managed pretty well.

Boy or Girl?
Well, around 12 weeks when we were playing with the ultrasound one of my work friends thought she saw boy parts, but I've since done some research and determined that unless you are using a really good ultrasound (we weren't- it was our usual dinosaur as we call it) and have an experienced ultrasound tech, then it is nearly impossible to determine the sex of the baby that early.

Most nervous about:
I think I'm beginning to wonder if this is ever going to feel more real. There is a part of me that is concerned that I'm never going to get to the point where I want to look at baby things, clothes, and decorate a nursery. I'm just not there yet mentally.

Most looking forward to:
I am getting excited about finding out what this little one is going to be. I think it will help it me in the reality department.




No comments:

Post a Comment