Thursday, November 10, 2011

Grey Beige Part 2

Painting the main living areas of our home required several pieces of equipment that most people don't have hanging around their homes. So last Wednesday I drove downtown to Sunbelt Rentals to pick up bakers scaffolding. Putting the scaffolding together was not that difficult, but figuring out how to maneuver it into various positions was quite comical. Patrick wasn't as amused as I was by the whole scaffolding dance, but it was 7:30am. I woke up ready to go and so I did. I think part of it had to do with my excitement over getting rid of that ugly dark trim in the foyer. Just take a look. We've lived with this for over two years!


I was beyond ready. Especially after finishing the other parts of the main living areas last week with a fresh coat of that grey beige. The foyer just looked drab (not to mention that it had two sets of lovely paint squares as well).




I might have been up bright and early, but it wasn't accomplished without coffee. Patrick caught me in an action shot. Once we got that scaffolding up, I just kept that coffee with me on the platform for a little while.


Another more posed action shot... haha... with coffee still in hand. No, I didn't really roll paint on like that. It was just for your viewing pleasure.


So while more grey beige paint went on the walls, stain blocking oil based primer finally went on the crown molding!


Yes, I used a step ladder on top of scaffolding. I hope that's okay.



It's coming along and looks a ton better already.


I felt like a monkey all day... Or maybe it was like a 5 year old playing on a jungle gym. Yeah, that was it.

No comments:

Post a Comment