Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Bittersweet update

I have some good news and some bad news. I'm a bad-news-first kind of person so that I can get it out of the way and end on a high note. So the bad news is...

I no longer have bell pepper in my garden... or multiple okra plants for that matter.

Thanks to our resident monster- Hurley, we have more of an herb garden than a vegetable garden. We're on speaking terms again, but I was really mad at the guy for a couple of days there. I thought he couldn't get to the garden because of his shock collar. Obviously, I was wrong. The disaster had his name written all over it. The plants were eaten in half, the stakes were underneath the porch (several yards away), and the most incriminating evidence is that the ground cover system was torn into shreds. I'm sure it provided him with a few hours of entertainment.

Okay... on to the good news...

We have our first jalpenos!


I was so excited. I can't wait to make some black bean and corn salsa with some of this in it:) It's gonna be good. My garden is feeling a little more empty, but at least I've already yielded a better crop than last year. I'm having to look on the bright side of the situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment