Monday, March 21, 2011

My distraction

I've had a stomach bug for the past couple of days. So while in bed sipping gatorade, I've been trying to distract myself from body aches when I couldn't get any sleep. My sweet husband has been taking such great care of me. After spending all day on blogs, facebook, and online stores (not buying a thing), I was running out of things to do for distraction and so Patrick rented me Life As We Know It. The movie itself was okay, but I found myself being way more distracted by this...

Beautiful colonial in Atlanta, GA used in the film
and while I'm showing you the exterior, let me show you the back of the house as well.

Who else is ready to move in?
Here is what I have learned about this house. It actually exists in Atlanta, GA (my home state) and was on the market back in October for around 1.7 million. The house was built in 1945 and renovated in 1995. I'm not sure if it has sold or not. Also, while the exterior shots were used in the movie, the interior shots for the movie were all man-made movie sets. However, they did use some of the architecture from the interior of the real home to inspire the shots for the movie. For example, the ceiling you see in the living room of the movie set is the ceiling you will find in this 5 bedroom home.

While I have obviously mentioned that the exterior of the house is gorgeous, I also found the interior (from the movie, of course) to be equally jaw dropping. I have hunted down a few pictures for you so you can be impressed as well.

The kitchen
The heart of every home... the kitchen... was beautiful and white (it made me smile). I was definitely distracted when this room was on the screen. I couldn't tell you what was going on with the characters. I was seeing black counters, white cabinetry with glass, extended storage above the upper cabinets, stainless steel appliances, a gas range, an island with bar style seating, dark wood floors, and pendant lights. Am I going overboard again? Sorry...

More of those dark wood floors.
Every room looked like it could be in pottery barn magazine. It had a very rustic traditional vibe that I love. I wanted to jump into the set and live there.

More of that stone fireplace. I loved the mantle.
Oh, the baby was cute and distracting as well. I mean, just look at the face she is making in the picture above. Too cute.

Well, I am sorry that I don't have more of my own material to share with you. I was hoping that the project for March would be finished by now, but it will have to wait. This bug has sucked the energy right out of me. Stay healthy out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment