Monday, February 28, 2011

Color Conundrum

While painting trim has been a lot of fun (do you hear the sarcasm?), it is nearing the time when we move on to fun stuff like painting walls. I'm struggling to figure this one out though. I've been looking at paint swatch after paint swatch and what I like changes every day. This has not been a comforting feeling. This is what my walls have been looking like for the past few days.



I know... I just started grabbing whatever I wanted. They are all colors from Lowes so they are either valspar or olympic. I've placed these little swatches in different areas of the house so that I can look at them in different rooms and different light throughout the day. It didn't take long for a few colors to emerge as my favorites.


But the next day, the favorites were a little different. However, the color second from the bottom has remained in the top four to five favorites at all times. I think this is because it is most similar to what I currently have on the walls. The one at the top has also stayed in the running from day 1. I have since fallen out of love with the color on the bottom. I decided it was too dark to slap all over the main living areas of the house. So as of right now these are the favorites...


Here they are again  so you can see more of the contrast from the white trim.


From top to bottom:
- Swoosh (valspar)
- Natural (valspar)
- Stonington (olympic)
- Ashen (olympic)

 So tell me what you think. Which one is your favorite?


**You've probably noticed that I've been playing around with the blog a bit lately. I just got bored with the old layout and color combo. Please be patient while I figure out what I like.

No comments:

Post a Comment