Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Another way to update kitchen cabinets

Alright, I've discovered another way I can update the kitchen. It still involves paint (of course).

RustOleum has launched a new product called cabinet transformations which is a do-it-yourself cabinet refinishing system. I first read about this product when Kate from Centsational Girl posted about it here. Each kit comes with all of the supplies necessary to transform your kitchen cabinets from old and outdated to new and fresh. Best news from the whole thing is that they claim you can do this transformation without sanding! That was music to my ears (well eyeballs...). The biggest plus I have gathered from this product is that it significantly cuts down on the time it takes to paint cabinets. Not to mention the results look pretty fabulous.

Just look at the results that a customer submitted as a testimonial.

Before
After
They offer a wide selection of colors (35 base colors) with the option to use a glaze (bringing the total to 70. Yes, I can count). Every kit comes with the glaze and it is your choice on whether or not to use it.



I am not going to tell you my plans on whether or not to go for this product and honestly I don't know at this point anyway. It hasn't been out for very long and so there are not many reviews available. I may need to stick with the old fashioned cleaning, sanding, oil based primer and several coats of paint. However, I thought I'd share the discovery with you.

PS- they also have a product for countertops. It doesn't look like it's as good of a deal, but you can read about it on their website here.

No comments:

Post a Comment