Friday, January 14, 2011

Third Anniversary

I love my husband more and more every day. I am so blessed to be married to Patrick and can't believe how fast time goes. Over the years we have developed some anniversary traditions. I thought I'd share some.

1. We take time to hang out together for the whole day. That's right. We take off work and do whatever the heck we want. We cook breakfast together, nap together, and go everywhere together. It really doesn't matter what we do as long as we are together. This year we went and got haircuts, ran errands, bought new shoes, and snuggled up by a fire.

2. We watch our wedding. This is one of my favorite traditions. I am so glad that my mom made sure we had a DVD of our wedding. I kept telling her that I didn't want it, but mom always knows best. Thanks, mom:)

3. We eat out somewhere. We both love to cook but who wants to do dishes on the night of their anniversary? It's nice to order whatever we want and not worry about the cleanup.

4. We take a vacation. It may not be the day of our anniversary, but it's always close to it. For our first anniversary we were lucky to have some friends that allowed us to stay at their beach house for free. Our second anniversary we scored big again when my parents decided to take the whole family on a cruise. We were able to steal away time for just the two of us while we were there. This year we've decided to visit Disney World and Islands of Adventure. No, it's not free, but I guess it's about time we dish out a little dough for our trip:)

No comments:

Post a Comment