Thursday, December 23, 2010

What the elves have been building.

After 21 months of parking outside our garage, I am happy to announce that we are now parked in our garage. The "elves" I was talking about were Patrick and his dad. The two of them spent hours upon hours putting two openers together. They are my heroes at least for the rest of the year.

I mentioned in an earlier blog posting (which you can find here) about getting an electrician to wire us up for these babies. Then Patrick's parents surprised us with two openers not to long after that. Have I mentioned that I love them? Oh, I love them.

My car parked in its new home.
Close up of the opener on "my" side of the garage.
It still boggles my mind that these doors have never been electronically lifted before now. Words cannot describe what these doors mean to me. I don't have to take groceries up into the house in the rain, I don't have to fight our beast to get into the house when he is covered in mud (or when trying to get out of the house for that matter), no more coming to grab a second load of groceries to find Hurley standing on them in the back of the car, no more frosty windows, no more freezing car in the morning, and I could go on I'm sure. Let's just say...

I am one happy lady.

Thank you Patrick and Bruce!

No comments:

Post a Comment