Friday, December 3, 2010
1. Decorate the house for Christmas while listening to Christmas music.
2. Every member of the family putting ornaments on the tree together (more Christmas music).
3. Make homemade ornaments.
4. Wrap "Santa" gifts using gift wrap with the jolly man himself on it. That way, we know which ones are from loved ones and which ones are from Santa.
5. Have a family advent wreath that we celebrate with every week at dinner complete with Scripture reading and prayer (this is new because my mom gave us an advent wreath last year).
6. At some point during the month wed' like to enjoy a Christmas movie night (more hot chocolate consumption is a must).
7. Go to our church's candlelight service Christmas Eve.
8. Open one gift to each other on Christmas Eve.
9. Read about the birth of Jesus in Luke Christmas Eve and finish the wreath.
10. Eat breakfast casserole Christmas morning after opening gifts.
What about you? Have some fun traditions with your family? I'd love to hear what sort of things other families do to celebrate.