Monday, November 1, 2010

Homemade Costumes

Hope that everyone had a fun and safe Halloween. Every year we have a costume party at the youth house. Patrick and I like to go all out for it. So this year I was a washing machine (front loader, of course).


Patrick decided to be a sock monkey (random, I know).


These were both 100% homemade. The washing machine was pretty straightforward. Grab a cardboard box, cut out some holes, paint it, add knobs, and tape the plastic tray to the front. Here's some photos.

cut the holes first

I was a Maytag version
Complete!
The sock monkey was an adventure to say the least. We got a lot of help from Patrick's mom who, thankfully, has a sewing machine and knows how to use it. We found a website where a lady had posted about how she made a very similar version. We copied a lot of what she did and made a few adjustments. If interested, you can find her directions here.

Unfortunately, I forgot to take my camera and so there are no pictures of the making of the sock monkey. Here are some from the night of the party though.

blurry, but it is the only one I have of us...

No comments:

Post a Comment