Saturday, November 27, 2010

Day After Thanksgiving

I have never gone shopping the day after Thanksgiving. I have thought about it, but always heard that it's not worth fighting the crowds. This year was no different. Patrick and I slept in, fixed breakfast, and then began decorating the house for Christmas while listening to Christmas music on Pandora. I have been itching to put up our new Christmas tree ever since I bought it a couple weeks ago. So here it is!


I have always been frustrated that Thanksgiving gets overlooked. Thankfully, Patrick and I feel the same about this and we both refuse to listen to Christmas music or put up Christmas decorations until after Thanksgiving. I will admit, however, that I was very tempted this year because of the new tree. There will probably be more pictures of it up soon because I love it! It was so much better than putting up a real one.

In other news, we've had a productive weekend around here and I'm not just talking about Christmas decorations. I will have to post about all of it later this week though. Some of it is not quite finished so keep checking back. November's project is also just about complete and I'll post pictures. Now, go drink some hot chocolate and listen to Christmas music. You have our blessing! 

1 comment: