Monday, September 27, 2010

Fallishness


I love the colors of this season- the green, brown, tan, yellow, orange, and red shades are such a beautiful combination to me. I woke up this morning with the goal of spreading a little fallishness around the house. This is what I've done to bring the outside in.


This wreath was on sale at Pier 1. The ladies working in the store were asking me where I found it. Then they tried to hire me to work there. Though I was very flattered, I turned down the offer.

On a side note. A few minutes after putting the wreath outside I heard Hurley barking his deep, something is not right, bark. I looked out the window to see him standing at the foot of the steps looking up at my new wreath. Later I heard him scratching at the front door. I opened the door to see him chomping on a leaf from it. He apparently doesn't like it, which means it may not last.


This is an iron pumpkin with holders for tea candles. I also found it at Pier 1. Want to know the best news? All of the Pier 1 stuff was free! I found a gift card floating around in my desk the other day. It must have been left over from our wedding.


I have Jane to thank for this annual tradition of putting the glass pumpkin out filled with candy corn and peanuts. I don't eat it. I just think it's fun to look at, but my d-group girls make sure that it is empty by the end of the season.

I decided my mantle needed a little fall as well. I already had the mirror and red vase. I found the candle holders at Target and the rest at World market.
I plan to change the out the color of the candles depending on the mood/season. I'll probably do the same with the stuff in the vase.

Well, that was my shopping for the day. Why do I always spend money when Patrick leaves town? What is wrong with me?

2 comments: